A place for misfit words, with no real pairings, come to life here, in aesthetic justice through the energy of aries.

Friday, September 19, 2008

¿?¿Mathematics?¿?

While I detest numbers (their wicked games, however, attract my abstractionist self), I seem to find myself in near-constant contemplation of their being. Each time a number finds itself significantly wedged into my experience, compulsively, my mind tries to induce it into a vacant spot in my conceptualization of reality. Alas, the compulsion exists to this very second. While there are a number of resources that have led me to the possibilities, no answer has revealed itself. It causes great irritation, to not understand something that I have understood to be so base to the fabric of reality. For, if I don't understand an abstraction so base to my reality, how can I be sure of the validity of lesser abstractions? Of course, everything I know can fit together and be "logical" under the current framework, but it is that framework which gives mathematics its sense. Indeed, some speculate (‘till death with a pen) that math and logic are the same thing. Can the identity property and its implications explain all of mathematics? I think that, if our current conceptualization logic is correct, then the answer should be yes. If I am so inspired, I will further speculate on this. If this is not corroborated upon, than an idea has struck all of my current ponderings into the realm of pseudo-philosophy and new age non-sense

WITH A NEW, CITRUS SCENT,

Superstylinmoviestars

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Words A Ways From Here Headline Animator

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

StatCounter